Hello been offline for over 3 years..

smiley welcome back.gif

It's nice to have you back again!

Thanks for the advice. When did the search engine change? I liked the old way lol seemed to find specific threads far easier and kept traffic on those threads up.
When the platform changed, the old one was better but not by much.

If you're looking for topic, google might work better(almost always brings up BYC threads).....if you're looking for a specific thread, better know the exact title of thread...... '+' sign can help string your key words together. Trying multiple key words, 'title only', recent or relevant....it's laborious.

Welcome your breeding line sounds interesting! Got any pics?
I asked my friend to shoot me some pics so I'll attach more soon. Here are a few I have saved from texts sent this spring, all the cockerels in these pics were culled but it gives you an idea. The first pic are all hens on the left and blue hen center, the cockerel shaking his head has been culled.

The picture of the cockerel sitting on the post was from fall 2014. He was half australorp (hen) and half dominique (rooster) with only 1 barred gene. In 2015 he was the sire crossed over black ameraucana hens purchased from Paul Smith. The 2015 offspring were then gifted to my friend 1 cockerel and about 6-10 pullets. My friend used a 2015 black cockerel with a small rosecomb over pullets with mainly muffs and beards some clean faced pullets made it into the flock as well. At this point all pullets and cockerel had either rosecombs or peacombs. Some of these hens are still in his flock they will be 4 years old in the spring. I'll find more pictures soon from 2015 and I'll post more pics of my friends current flock and sire.

Attachments

• hdehd.jpg
    hdehd.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 10
  • jdhdhd.jpg
    jdhdhd.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 10
  • hdhdhd.jpg
    hdhdhd.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9321.jpg
    IMG_9321.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome your breeding line sounds interesting! Got any pics?

**I replied twice to this comment each reply has a different set of pictures and explanations.

The first picture shows the previous sire for this flock hes the large black australorp in bottom of photo. After the first sire (rose comb cross from 2015 no picture yet) was killed by a predator, the black australorp became the new sire. He was from the same line as the original cross which started in spring of 2014. The current sire is in the 2nd picture. He is the large blue austrlorp on the far right, he was a brother or close relative to the previous black autralorp sire. In the second photo you can see two of the original 2015 offspring hens that have full muffs and beards on the right, these are the original austrlorp/dominique/ameraucana crosses. The other hens in the photo might be from 2015 or as recent as this year. More pictures coming in the future of this flocks history.

**again all cockerels in these photos were culled and only the sires in these two photos were used for breeding.

Attachments

• 20181001_101947.jpg
    20181001_101947.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 9
  • hhdd.jpg
    hhdd.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom