Hello BYC community

sierraforest

Songster
Oct 19, 2019
Willamette Valley, OR
While I've never had chickens, I do have a pair of Ancona ducks and learned a lot from friends who used to have chickens. My girls have been so much fun to watch grow—I brought them home when they were 4 weeks old and even though they're not producing eggs yet (the main reason I wanted ducks), I love them and their unique personalities! I found BYC when searching around for beginner info and am appreciative of the help folks share here.

byc-duckie-hello.png

Glad you're finding the site useful. Hope your girls will be giving you some eggs soon!

Welcome sierraforest! As you have probably already discovered, this site has a great community of people who have vast expertise and caring hearts.

It may be called Backyard Chickens, but I have relied on them for help with my chickens, ducks (all Indian runners) and geese. You and your Ancona babies will have plenty of support at BYC.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom