Hello BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by redheadedhens, Apr 26, 2016.

1. redheadedhens

redheadedhens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    After growing up with chickens, my adult life just didn't seem right without feathered friends. Once we moved into a home with a yard that might accommodate a small flock (with some gentle encouragement of a somewhat reluctant spouse), I started researching coop options, breeds, etc. We now have five one-week old peeping chickens taking up residence in the guest bathroom until they are old enough for their shiny new coop. We have: two Buff Orpingtons, one Red Star, one Plymouth Rock, and one Columbian Wyandotte (as well as one very curious, if somewhat apprehensive Border Collie and a toddler who loves to wave at his chicks and say hello but very much does not like to touch them-which works out perfectly[​IMG]).

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on getting stated with some feathered friends again :clap Those are some lovely breeds you have there. Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, so glad you joined us [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by