1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello chicken peeps!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenC, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ChickenC

ChickenC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm a long time reader of BYC, finally decided to join in the fun. Looking forward to lots of great chicken convo's. And getting to know everyone. :)
    Currently I have 3 kids, about 16 Black Australorps, 1 Buff Orphington roo, 2 silver laced wyandotte's, 1 golden laced Wyandotte, 2 aracuana's, 4 ameraucana's, 3 silkies, 3 barred rocks, 2 mottled Cochin bantam's, and 3 Buckeyes.. Oh and I raise katahdin sheep. My wife and I LOVE animals, especially the feathery kind! We are always looking to expand our flock.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! From the looks of your avatar, it looks like your kids are enjoying the flock. That's always the best; when the whole family enjoys raising chickens together!

Feel free to ask any questions! We are happy to help. We all are animal lovers around here too so I'm sure you'll fit right in![​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We knew sooner or later you would actually join BYC, so we saved space on the roost for you . We didn't know about the 3 kids - sorry they have to sleep in the run.[​IMG] Just kidding, I missed my afternoon nap - this is what happens. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It would be fun to see some photos of your birds (if you care to share). It's nice to have the whole family involved with the animals, everyone gets something out of it.

7. ChickenC

ChickenC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2015
    Would be more than happy to share some pics! I'm at work at the moment, but will take new ones and post when I get home. Thanks for the warm welcome all!

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by