Hello everyone! I've gotten myself into a predicament...

Pics
I jumped to page 7 and see you got a new coop. Was this a swap upward from the rent-a-chicken or did you buy your own?

I just bought supplies from Lowes to build the coop I have plans for. It's supposed to be 10-15 chickens , the materials ran about $500 w/ tax here in CA where everything is pricey. Its should end up as a raised 4 x 5 footprint, roughly 6' tall from floor to ceiling. Obviously the ways to use or modify other structures as coops is limitless. Just wanted to give some reference point from another newbie. Also, less chickens --> smaller coop --> less money.

I bought this one myself, they didn't offer a "swap upward". It was the "Producer's Pride Villa" from Tractor Supply.

UPDATE: Chickens are doing well in their new coop. They're acting happy, I haven't had any problems with predators, and they're giving me 1-2 eggs a day. They've eaten all the grass in their new run, so I'm giving them a few leaves of romaine lettuce every day so they can have something green to eat. Thanks for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom