Hello fellow feather lovers!

Yardchicklyfe

In the Brooder
May 19, 2019
Hello. I’ve lurked and poked through lots of posts on here and decided to join.

I currently have a flock of 7. I had 10 a few days ago until a dreadful hawk came to visit.

I grew up on and around farms but never had any interest until my kids wanted chicks from a bin at TS. Needless to say, I’m hooked and kids have moved on. Isn’t that how it usually works.

I really enjoy looking at photos of members beautiful chickens. Hoping to find a thread about coops and runs as I’m currently converting a shed and have decided to model it after an old fashion saloon/brothel.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting new friends that understand the addiction!

Hello. I’ve lurked and poked through lots of posts on here and decided to join.

I currently have a flock of 7. I had 10 a few days ago until a dreadful hawk came to visit.

I grew up on and around farms but never had any interest until my kids wanted chicks from a bin at TS. Needless to say, I’m hooked and kids have moved on. Isn’t that how it usually works.

I really enjoy looking at photos of members beautiful chickens. Hoping to find a thread about coops and runs as I’m currently converting a shed and have decided to model it after an old fashion saloon/brothel.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting new friends that understand the addiction!
Welcome. Lots of great information to be found. Here is a link to the coops articles:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/chicken-coops.12/

Pictures of your flock are always welcome! :)

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the preceding link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

-byc-clouds.png

hithere.gif
Yes, exposure to chickens can somehow lead to OCD... Obsessive Chicken Disorder! Though it does seem like some children are immune.

I'm so sorry for your recent losses :hugs There are a few precautions you can take to try and prevent future attacks. I'll leave some links with helpful information about keeping your flock safe and happy:
Key Points to Successful Free Ranging
Predator Proofing
How Much Room Do Chickens Need
Chicken Coop Ventilation - Go Out There And Cut More Holes In Your Coop!

Best wishes in your new chicken adventure!
flappyChicken.gif

Hi and welcome! I'm also very sorry about your losses from the hawk. All the hens have their own unique personalities and I'm sure you'll miss them. But we're very glad you're our neighbor on here now. What kind of hens do you have? Are the mature hens? Do you have a rooster? We don't. We have a German shepherd d mix female dog that thinks the 4 hens we have are her babies. She's crazy about them.

Back
Top Bottom