Hello from a little island called Tasmania!

Hi, and Welcome from Southeast Missouri! Wow, so 40 C. degrees is pretty darn hot! Are your animals and chickens suffering in the hot weather? Is your climate more arid or humid? 104 F in our humid area would be more than miserable. We keep seeing on the news about the horrible fires in Australia made worse by the extreme heat wave. Hoping for cooler calm weather for your whole area.
The fires have been absolutely devastating! Luckily none near us for now, but mainland Australia has lost over 7 million acres to fire so far this fire season. :hit
40°c was extreme for my area, generally 30-35° is bearable but we ended up with everyone except the horses inside under the air conditioning and lots of chicken iceblocks to keep them cool !

G'day Mates *spoken in Aussie twang*
I'm a new chicken mum, and at current count have 11 orpington and 6 lavender Sussex 8 week olds. 1 Orpington hen who's mum to two silver pencilled Wyandottes, a partridge wyandotte hen, a silver pencilled wyandotte hen, an Isa Brown hen and a australorp hen.
We live on the little island under Australia and yesterday clocked our first 40° Celsius day

I like forward to reading/ learning more about my new feathered friends !
WELCOME TO BYC.
20191205_065000 (2).jpg

Lots of us Aussies here. :) We're the other end of the country off the Brissie coast, on a slightly smaller island than the one you inhabit, with a small, very spoilt, mixed flock & 2 super spoilt cats. Feel free to pop over & join in the chat @ https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ribhs-dcoopage.1295189/page-670#post-22064420

Back
Top Bottom