Hello from "Almost Heaven"!

WVcreekfarm

Chirping
May 22, 2017
West Virginia
Spanking new user from the hills of WV! I'm a stay at home mom to 2 tiny people, 4 horses, 2 dogs and 4 cats (anyone want a kitten?). Hubby gets to work hard for the dollar, mostly so I can spend it!
Chicks are en route as I type:
2 Australorps, 2 speckled Sussex, 2 random brown egg layers, a buckeye and 2 blue laced red Wyandottes...also have lavender orp eggs under a broody at my mom's.
We have all together about 100 acres split between two farms that are about 6 miles apart. We live on one and play at the other .
Hope to meet some new folks, learn some new things and get down in the nitty gritty of backyard chickens!

:welcome so glad you have joined us.

My you already have your hands quite full.
I would take a kitten but my house cat would be way too jealous :)

Good luck with your new flock.

Thanks for the welcome! I will most definitely post pics of the little gals when they get here. Really excited about the BLRW bc they are actually subs for the Barnevelders I ordered that unfortunately had a bad hatch. This will be our second round of babies this year since I brooded 24 for my mom a few months ago. Needless to say, my kids are more than excited for "beeby chicks"

They got here yesterday afternoon! Everyone is eating, drinking and pooping. Time to just sit and stare :)
Can't get a picture to post, maybe I haven't been active enough yet?

Back
Top Bottom