Hello from Amaranthine Acres

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcomeWe are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: How did Ruth adapt into her new home with the rest of the flock? Can you post a picture to determine what breed she is? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Finally, here are some pictures:

First, my sweet Thea being chicksitter/fluffbutt sniffer
afterfocus_1544985051836-01.jpeg

The eggs I get from our original trio (Ruth's on top, Minerva's on the right, Fiona's on the left)
Screenshot_20181202-215005-01.jpeg

Ruth, mystery chicken that started it all. She's about 5 pounds but lays extra large eggs 7 days/week. She forages ALL day and is gentle but aloof.
Screenshot_20181222-122057-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20181222-122044-01.jpeg

Finally, here are some pictures:

First, my sweet Thea being chicksitter/fluffbutt sniffer
View attachment 1622173
The eggs I get from our original trio (Ruth's on top, Minerva's on the right, Fiona's on the left)
View attachment 1622174

Ruth, mystery chicken that started it all. She's about 5 pounds but lays extra large eggs 7 days/week. She forages ALL day and is gentle but aloof.
View attachment 1622175 View attachment 1622176
The dogs and chicks are stunning!:love Ruth is definitely a pretty Red Sex Link!

The dogs and chicks are stunning!:love Ruth is definitely a pretty Red Sex Link!
Thank you!!! I forgot to add that all four chicks finally have names.
Buff Orpington is Apple (named by my daughter)
Cream Legbar is Etta (named by my mother)
Ameraucana is Líadan
BCM is Branwen

I'll try to get some new pictures of them this weekend, now that they're turning 4 weeks old. Should I post that here or start a new thread elsewhere?

Thank you!!! I forgot to add that all four chicks finally have names.
Buff Orpington is Apple (named by my daughter)
Cream Legbar is Etta (named by my mother)
Ameraucana is Líadan
BCM is Branwen

I'll try to get some new pictures of them this weekend, now that they're turning 4 weeks old. Should I post that here or start a new thread elsewhere?
Pictures would be wonderful! Most members post their pictures in this forum.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/pictures-stories-of-my-chickens.39/

Back
Top Bottom