Hello from California

hello everyone ,
i am a long time lurker , and finally decided to get involved in the community.
i am 29 years old and live in the bay area.
I been around chickens most my life , and i have raised various breeds over the last 10 years . as well as about 16 ducks of various breeds aswell.
2 Nigerian dwarf goats were apart of my farm for 8 years but sadly i lost them to some stray dogs that wandered into my little farm.
as many chicken/duck owners , i have lost quite a bit to predators over the past few years.
currently i house 5 chicken hens , 1 Sicilian buttercup 3 orpingtons , and 1 mix who i adopted from a friend , looks like a orpington mix of some sort.
i have 4 ducks as of currently , all hens , 2 Silver Appleyard (beautiful breed)
1 Black Swedish, and 1 Blue Swedish.
i have grown quite fond of the ducks , they are very entertaining!

in addition to my birds , i have a Irish wolfhound (Remington) who helps me watch over my birds and has ever since he was a puppy, he is now 4 and a half and spends lots of time with me when i am doing my chores

i currently am housing 4 male ducks that were dumped by some irresponsible owner who left them malnourished and 3 out of 4 have angel wing ( i recently made a post about it )

I look forward to meeting you all and trading information about this wonderful way of life.

View attachment 1643743

Hello from down under Australia and welcome to BYC!
Cutest Photo Ever!
You are going to love it here.

Feel free to pop by and share your daily updates for 2019 too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flock-life-journeys-2019.1286370/

Lovely to meet you and hope to speak more.

Welcome to byc
:frow:welcome
3C21D638-4658-4DBF-86D6-A5A0932BA7BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom