Hello from Cincinnati

rachmaninoff

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2016
Hey!
I live in Cincinnati and am currently building a coop not too far from the downtown area. My plan is to finish up the coop this winter and get 3-4 Buff Orpington chicks in the spring (April?).

I am currently looking for a piece of hardware that I know exists, but that I can't seem to find and I don't know what its called. I am looking for a latch for a vertical sliding chicken door. When the door slides shut, it will automatically latch and lock on the inside so it can't be pushed open from the outside. Then when I pull on a rope, which is attached to the door portion of the latch, the latch will open and the door can slide up. Any help locating a piece of hardware that does this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matthew

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Matthew, thanks for joining us! I suggest you post on your state thread...other members in OH are most likely to know where you could find what you're looking for. Just type Ohio state thread in the Search box and that thread should pop up.

Good luck!

Hi :welcome Mathew

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your new chicken adventures in the future, I'm sure you will enjoy them very much :D I'm afraid I can't be of any help on your latch that you are describing. Our coop and run section may also be a good section for you to check out along with your state thread ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-amp-run-design-construction-amp-maintenance

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

G’Day from down under rachmaninoff
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that I am also unable to help with the latch but you have been given some good tips to find those who might be able to assist.

I just wanted to say that I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom