Hello from Duluth

knosugref

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Hi, my name is Kate. I just picked up my first four chickens: a Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Australorp, and a Rhode Island Red. I am just DYING to find out their sex, as a few of them have an attitude. I supposedly purchased all girls, but you know how that goes... Either way, I am excited to start a flock...as long as I don't have all roosters. Unfortunately, the roosters have to go as the city does not allow them, so they will go out to a farm until they are ready for butchering at which point they will go into my freezer :) Anyway, I am so excited. I am building my own coop and having a great time with the little girls!

Chickychik

Songster
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
Smithfield Ohio
I too share your enthusiasm though I'm afraid I won't be much help. I am a new chicken owner as well. I have a Barred Plymouth Rock and a Black Sex Link. They are a couple months old and I have 4 chicks coming in a couple weeks. I still can't tell the sex of my two though I think (hope) they are hens! Good luck in your chicken adventures! I have found a lot of great information on this site!

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium member
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations and good luck with your new chicks, hope they are all girls for you! Have fun with the coop build.

Top Bottom