Hello from Duluth

knosugref

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Hi, my name is Kate. I just picked up my first four chickens: a Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Australorp, and a Rhode Island Red. I am just DYING to find out their sex, as a few of them have an attitude. I supposedly purchased all girls, but you know how that goes... Either way, I am excited to start a flock...as long as I don't have all roosters. Unfortunately, the roosters have to go as the city does not allow them, so they will go out to a farm until they are ready for butchering at which point they will go into my freezer :) Anyway, I am so excited. I am building my own coop and having a great time with the little girls!

Alright Kate,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Congratulations on your new flock
jumpy.gif

I too share your enthusiasm though I'm afraid I won't be much help. I am a new chicken owner as well. I have a Barred Plymouth Rock and a Black Sex Link. They are a couple months old and I have 4 chicks coming in a couple weeks. I still can't tell the sex of my two though I think (hope) they are hens! Good luck in your chicken adventures! I have found a lot of great information on this site!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations and good luck with your new chicks, hope they are all girls for you! Have fun with the coop build.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Enjoy your new babies! I will be pulling for pullets for you! Welcome to our flock.

Back
Top Bottom