Hello from Fort Worth, Texas!

DfwChickenMama

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Hello from Ft. worth! First time chicken owner here starting in the spring of 2020. I’ve got an assorted breed flock of 7: a speckled Sussex, barred rock, blue laced Wyandotte, bantam Cochin, a couple Easter Eggers, and a mystery hen. I love how each chicken has such a unique personality!

Aside from my girls, most of my time goes to caring for my Australian shepherd Tucker and university classes. When I do get down time, I like to wood work, bow fish, and game (board & video).

I’ve been lurking here ever since I got my girls, but finally got around to joining so I can learn from the experts and to connect with the community because y’all are awesome! Looking forward to getting more involved here :)

bonus flock picture with my two late salmon favorelles

Attachments

• EBC1FF5E-3FC0-4A0A-B1E6-FE1F263C10F9.jpeg
    EBC1FF5E-3FC0-4A0A-B1E6-FE1F263C10F9.jpeg
    923.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
How is Percy with his girls?
Thanks! Glad to be here :) He wasn’t a fan of me but was so protective and sweet to the girls. Dealt with some over mating since he played favorites, but nothing one of those chicken aprons couldn’t fix. Unfortunately he passed over the winter defending them from a predator that got in during the snowmageddon here, but saved every one of our girls. He’ll always be remembered as our little hero ❤️

Back
Top Bottom