Hello from Hawaii

KauAnnie

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Maui
I wake up today to see 3 chickens in my garage. They look young, like not yet full grown? They are pretty tame, one lets me carry her. I once heard my neighbors yard chirping but they moved away last week so maybe they let the chickens free? Haha, ohh well, I love animals so I was more then happy to accept them and nag my parents to let me keep them. From this morning, I have been researching all the needs of a chicken and I stumbled upon this site. It is really helpful and I want to thank anyone who helps me in the future because I have very limited knowledge on chickens. I have 4 dogs who are completely separated from the chickens and there is a stray cat I have to do something about so that it will not hurt my new friends, haha. So, I guess this week I shall be building a chicken coop and buying some chicken food. Ohh and I love naming them and it has been really difficult. My dad said to name them adobo for chicken adobo or pot pie for chicken pot pie. It seems really not nice to me but funny, and at that moment I thought of breakfast, lunch and dinner as names. Haha I am a terrible person and I bairly eat meat so it was ironic. Have a great day!

an accidental chicken owner.
Well, you sure sound like a nice person to take this so cheerfully. You will enjoy them. (bunches.)
Welcome to BYC
jumpy.gif

Welcome! I love Hawaii, and especially love seeing all the chickens running around. It's a beautiful place for your chickens to live
wink.png

Stick around, you'll learn all you need to know here.

Back
Top Bottom