Hello from Martin county NC

strobi

Hatching
Jan 17, 2016
New to raising chickens, but doing great. Had our first egg omelet today. Pullet eggs i am told

welcome-byc.gif
this is a great site/community - enjoy!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Pullet eggs generally start out small and increase in size as the hen gets her egg machinery in gear.

Hi and welcome to BYC- great to have you onboard and congrats on your first eggs!

Ct

Thank you all for the great welcome. I have the following birds from McMurray: 5 Silver Laced Wyandotte female and 2 roosters of same ,3 black Australorp female,5 Rhode Island red female and 2 Araucana female received a free Exotic which turned out to be a Rooster. Dear me he is crazy looking to me. Loves all the females and I wish I knew someone to give him to around here. Love to hear my Roosters crow in the am. I found that the Rhode Island reds seem to be the friendliest toward my dogs and all people. They are very curious and already one is laying the pullet eggs. None of the others are doing so yet. I am going to order another 15 come august of this year. They are totally free range and I do not expect to loose any due to my 14 dogs. Treeing walker breed who are doing ok with the chickens. Have 9 puppies left and they are learning to leave the chickens alone.Fed the chickens Wazine due to free-range and dogs abound in yard and noticed the red combs really getting red so must have picked up something in yard. I do not wish to give wazine due to having to destroy eggs for 14 days. That is way to wasteful to me. Would like to place them on a better program. McMurray sells something but i wonder if this is really worth it and whether it truly does the job of worming. Have you all any input? Thank you and have a great day

Back
Top Bottom