Hello from Massachusetts! Breed advice requested.

To chickenarmy:
My daughter plans to feed her babies by hand all the time...hopefully they'll bond with her! She even wants to bring them into the house--with chicken diapers?!! OMG--do they even make such things?
barnie.gif

WelcomfromTucsonAZ.jpg

I have 6 chickens, two are EE's. They are very pretty birds.
I was hoping for some colored eggs from them, but they lay brown eggs!

day olds imprint pretty quickly....I have a video of one of mine chasing my chihuahua around...she imprinted strongly to him for whatever reason...then again, she was a single at the time. I think when there is more than one, they will bond to eachother more readily...just let her spend tons of time with the babies. The more, the better.

Last edited:
Your video is HILARIOUS!! Never seen anything like this in my life...Is there a Chicken Whisperer in the house?! Someone who might address your Alpha-chick's dominant behavior. Ha Ha!
jumpy.gif

Thanks for the welcome, greymane...seems like you have quite the menagerie.
We have a Great Dane "Liberty" (who is an active therapy dog--we visit patients in hospitals together) and an older cat "Tucker" who is more like a dog...easy going, even at the vet. Do you think our cat will pose a problem for the chickens??????? Instinct is tough to break.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington State
That's wonderful that your daughter will be getting into chickens. I agree that attending a show would be a great way to see many breeds up close. And I had an EE that looked just like a raptor when she was younger!

Back
Top Bottom