Hello from Michigan!

MarcyR1011

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2015
Hemlock Michigan
Hi All!

Really looking forward to talking to all the friendly people on Back Yard Chickens! I'm new to this and have learned so much! I got my first babies the end of April 2015. I went back and forth over whether to get chickens or not and finally broke down and got some. I've never regretted it! Every day I look forward to coming home to see how many eggs my ladies have given me! I already had a couple sick chickens and thanks to all the posts on here I found out what was going on and what to do. One was a hen swollen lobe and congested. I had to hand feed her and used Tylan 50 and she recovered and was back to laying eggs in about a month. The other was all the sudden one day one of my roosters couldn't walk. After investigating I was pretty sure he had a vitamin deficiency. I started scrambling up eggs and putting vitamins in them and within a couple weeks he was fine. Haven't had any problems in awhile. I was told by someone else that if it had been theirs they would have just put them down. I couldn't do it... if I could save them I was going to try. I absolutely love my chickens. I have 14 different breeds and love all the different colors of eggs I get. I'm learning things all the time and look forward to interacting with all of you! :)

Hi Marcy, nice to meet you. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. What breeds do you have? Please feel welcome to post photos of them - we love to see them.

Thank you! I have Isa Browns, Black Sex Links, Rhode Island Reds, Bantams, Aracaunas, Barred Rocks, Light Brahama, Buff Orpington, Lavender Orpington, Jersey Giants, Partridge Cochin, Talbout Polish, Lakenvelder and Welsomer. I love them all and they are all real friendly. The polish are on the shy side and the Lavender Roosters are skittish, but all the rest com running when I go out to see them! My fancy bantam named Brownie hops up on our shoulders all the time! Once I figure out how to post pics I will! :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some great breeds. I especially love Black Sex Links which are very friendly and hardy laying machines that consistently churn out more than 300 large brown eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Hi Marcy and Welcome! If you haven't already, head on over to the Michigan threat at "where am I, Where are you" under social. I like having different breeds as well, there are so many pretty ones that I just have to have and the local coons appreciate the extra eggs, especially in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom