HuskerHens18

Crowing
Mar 11, 2018
Chickenlandia
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have had chickens at random throughout my life. At one time we had 300 chickens wandering around the farm. Finally, about four/five years ago I ordered some chickens from a hatchery and I fell in love all over again. I'm still learning and have made many mistakes.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Around 50, shame on me for not counting :barnie 39 free range! I do count my free rangers :)
Currently I have roughly 20 in the brooder, along with 4 ducklings! Ducks have their own brooder, they're too messy to share :sick

(3) What breeds do you have?

That's a loaded question! I'll see what I can name: Anconas, Ameracaunas, Black Stars, Blue Wyandottes(although only one grew up to stay blue, the others turned out brown), Blue Orphintons, Blue Buff Orphintons, Cochins, Frizzles, Houdans, Isa Browns, Polish(all colors), Sizzles, Silkies, Super Blues, Jersey Giants, Lavender Orphingtons, and two unknown hens TSC had no clue what they were. I also have some mixed breeds and have had many other breeds before, but not currently.
For my mixes, I have a Silkie/RIR Rooster, four Japanese/RIR roosters, a Silkie/RIR/New Hampshire hen, a Silkie/RIR/Cochin rooster, Super Blue/Ameracauna chicks, and a Blackstar/??? chick.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Whenever I googled questions or needed help, BackYardChickens.com ALWAYS popped up and almost always answered my questions! So finally after all these years I decided to join :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Oh I love to paint, draw, needlefelt, going to rock concerts with my mom, watching sports with the family, and spending time around my animals. GO BIG RED!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well, I currently live on a huge farm in Nebraska with my parents and younger sister. I have lots of animals, including dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, goats, horses, cows, bearded dragons, a turtle, and fish!
I love animals a lot and have always been surrounded by them!
I am religious, so if you ever need some prayers feel free to ask me! I pray for my chickens everyday!
It's Lenten season currently, and I gave up internet during the week, so I can only reply on weekends until Easter! Then I'll be online probably everyday :woot

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have had chickens at random throughout my life. At one time we had 300 chickens wandering around the farm. Finally, about four/five years ago I ordered some chickens from a hatchery and I fell in love all over again. I'm still learning and have made many mistakes.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Around 50, shame on me for not counting :barnie 39 free range! I do count my free rangers :)
Currently I have roughly 20 in the brooder, along with 4 ducklings! Ducks have their own brooder, they're too messy to share :sick

(3) What breeds do you have?

That's a loaded question! I'll see what I can name: Anconas, Ameracaunas, Black Stars, Blue Wyandottes(although only one grew up to stay blue, the others turned out brown), Blue Orphintons, Blue Buff Orphintons, Cochins, Frizzles, Houdans, Isa Browns, Polish(all colors), Sizzles, Silkies, Super Blues, Jersey Giants, Lavender Orphingtons, and two unknown hens TSC had no clue what they were. I also have some mixed breeds and have had many other breeds before, but not currently.
For my mixes, I have a Silkie/RIR Rooster, four Japanese/RIR roosters, a Silkie/RIR/New Hampshire hen, a Silkie/RIR/Cochin rooster, Super Blue/Ameracauna chicks, and a Blackstar/??? chick.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Whenever I googled questions or needed help, BackYardChickens.com ALWAYS popped up and almost always answered my questions! So finally after all these years I decided to join :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Oh I love to paint, draw, needlefelt, going to rock concerts with my mom, watching sports with the family, and spending time around my animals. GO BIG RED!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well, I currently live on a huge farm in Nebraska with my parents and younger sister. I have lots of animals, including dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, goats, horses, cows, bearded dragons, a turtle, and fish!
I love animals a lot and have always been surrounded by them!
I am religious, so if you ever need some prayers feel free to ask me! I pray for my chickens everyday!
It's Lenten season currently, and I gave up internet during the week, so I can only reply on weekends until Easter! Then I'll be online probably everyday :woot
:old :welcome :old

Back
Top Bottom