1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from new chicken mum Bouncy :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by missbouncy, Dec 20, 2011.

1. missbouncy

missbouncy New Egg

Dec 20, 2011
    Hi, Im in Adelaide, Australia and a 'new' chicken mum. My hubby and I got four silkies back in August and apart from one being a boy and having to get rid of him [​IMG] everything has been great and our littlest white silkie went broody so we bought her some fertile eggs. We'd already decided by then we were doomed to be chicken nutters forever and wanted to have a few more (bantam eggs are so small and few between and we wanted enough to give family and friends too).

This forum has been the biggest help along the way and Im so happy to be a member now.. so HI and happy to meet you all [​IMG]

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Welcome to the board! So glad you joined. [​IMG]

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

4. missbouncy

missbouncy New Egg

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks very happy to be a member after so long reading [​IMG] Everyone here is always so friendly and helpful. Haven't been on many forums so just having a practice - hopefully here's a picture of my little mutt dog trying to pretend she's a silkie chicken too [​IMG] They're not fooled though they chase her off every time lol!

[​IMG]

Hope it works [​IMG]

The area they're in WAS quite neat before they started at it haha!! I push all the leaf litter back up each night so more bugs will come back and they can destroy it again the next morning. Its probably their favourite thing to do ^.^ We have two Staffies too and theyre fine with the chickens free ranging but they're still much more interested in their Kong toys - thankfully [​IMG]

I never knew how much FUN these little critters could be. Definitely chicken slaves for life now [​IMG]

5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] missbouncy from Twentynine Palms in the high desert of California!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

9. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

10. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by