1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from NJ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jonny2587, Apr 27, 2017.

1. jonny2587

jonny2587 New Egg

Apr 27, 2017
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the site as a member but have been reading the forums for a couple years now which has helped me tremendously in raising my chickens, so thank you all! My name is Jonathan and I live in NJ and I currently have 2 golden sex link hens going on 3 years old. I just got 6 more day old chics the other day and am very excited for them. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

2. sassysarah123

sassysarah123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hi, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! :D

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!

4. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
    Hi Jonathan,

Chicks are so cute as they grow up and grow up so darn fast. Make sure you have a lid for your brooder box so the chicks don't try flying out about 21/2 to 3 weeks old. Right now you can add pieces of wood like if you cut off the end of a 2x4 so they can explore it and jump up and down on it. Not to high yet you can lay it down on its side. Later you can use it to make a perch for them.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jonathan [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Jonathan. Thanks for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by