malesoing

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2022
Hello all you backyard chicken people! My family and I live in the Olympia/Lacey Washington area. We inherited four chickens from a neighbor who liked the idea of raising chickens but soon realized it wasn't for them after all so we adopted them. We never thought we'd raise chickens but we adopted these four beauties and it's been so much fun! :)

I have no idea what breeds we've got here, but I'm told that our white chicken is an Easter egger, which seems to be true, based on her beautiful turquoise eggs. We have 2 brown chickens (Little Foot and Big Foot), a black chicken (Hoover, who LOVES to eat and be first everywhere), and a white one (Howlie). Sorry for my lack of expertise.

One of the brown chickens (Little Foot) jumps on my lap when I'm sitting outside with them, which is sweet. She's very sensitive and loving. The other chickens not so much, though they all seem to know when I'm getting them treat worms, a high point in their day, obviously.

I've attached some photos showing the chickens and their eggs.

Glad to be here finally, after reading the posts for a few years. Nice to meet you all!

Attachments

• IMG_3208.JPG
    IMG_3208.JPG
    421 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3201.jpg
    IMG_3201.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello all you backyard chicken people! My family and I live in the Olympia/Lacey Washington area. We inherited four chickens from a neighbor who liked the idea of raising chickens but soon realized it wasn't for them after all so we adopted them. We never thought we'd raise chickens but we adopted these four beauties and it's been so much fun! :)

I have no idea what breeds we've got here, but I'm told that our white chicken is an Easter egger, which seems to be true, based on her beautiful turquoise eggs. We have 2 brown chickens (Little Foot and Big Foot), a black chicken (Hoover, who LOVES to eat and be first everywhere), and a white one (Howlie). Sorry for my lack of expertise.

One of the brown chickens (Little Foot) jumps on my lap when I'm sitting outside with them, which is sweet. She's very sensitive and loving. The other chickens not so much, though they all seem to know when I'm getting them treat worms, a high point in their day, obviously.

I've attached some photos showing the chickens and their eggs.

Glad to be here finally, after reading the posts for a few years. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to BYC!! The white one looks like an EE pullet, the black one looks like a black copper maran with the copper marks under her neck, and the yellow ones look like buff Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom