Hello From Rural Arkansas!

Wylderness10

Chirping
Oct 31, 2018
Central Arkansas
Hi everyone! I am new to the whole chicken world and have only had my Barred Rock hens for almost 2 years in May. I started out with Wyandottes, but the wildlife took them, before I even got used to owning chickens. Then I ordered 16 pullets and received one cockerel by accident. All of them survived for awhile till I started free ranging them with my guineas. The hawks had a hay day and the stray dogs in the woods were an issue too. So now I have 8 hens left and one Silver Laced Wyandotte that I got this Spring. They now live in what I call the chicken mansion coop and are quite spoiled. I hope to learn a lot about raising chickens here and finally become successful, after such a difficult beginning.

I have browsed this site for awhile now and finally decided to just join the group! :)

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I am sorry to hear that you lost your chickens to wildlife. Nature does take its course. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I am sorry to hear that you lost your chickens to wildlife. Nature does take its course. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Hi! Yes, nature definitely loves chickens too, but that's just a learning experience for me. I now know free ranging in my area is not the best option.

smiley welcome 5.gif

Hi, it's nice to have you here with us! Sorry for your losses, free ranging does have it's down side.

Back
Top Bottom