Hello from Spain!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pompadour, May 29, 2017.

1. Pompadour

Pompadour Just Hatched

May 29, 2017
    Spain
    Hi,
    I spent a lot of time reading your posts, and I can't wait more to join in forum!
    My english isn't so good, but I'm learning it now. I hope we can understand us.
    As I said at the beginning, I'm from the north of Spain, and I love chickens (Silkies are my favourite breed)! :drool
    The biggest problem is that in my country, the Silkies aren't popular. Only a few persons have cuality silkies and colors like lemon, porcelain,white, blue, splash, chocolate, buff, mottled..., and It's so hard to find the colors and genetics!
    Now new colors starts to come from France, Italy or Belgium (this countries have a lot of tradition perfectioning silkies).
    I hope you can help me with genetics or another questions relationed with Silkies, because the spanish breeders are so good keeping their "silkie's secrets". :p

The Angry Hen likes this.
  2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Hola!
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Flufferes

Flufferes Poke

Apr 30, 2017
    back from Bacontopia
    Welcome to the BYC flock! It's nice to meet you :)
    If you would like, you can go over to the "general breed discussion and FAQ" part of the fourm. I didn't find any well established silkie threads, so you might have to start your own and call in some silkie keepers over :p

Have fun!

4. Pompadour

Pompadour Just Hatched

May 29, 2017
    Spain
    Thanks! I will do it. ;)

5. The Angry Hen

The Angry Hen Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2016
    Maine. Yah, Anotha Mainah!
    Hello,

Welcome to backyard Chickens!
    I hope you have fun here! And yes, we are always glad to help!

-The Angry Hen

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    There are several dedicated silkie threads on BYC. The longest running, I believe is "Silkie thread," there is also "Nothing but Partridge Silkies," "Buff Silkies," "Paint silkies," and I believe "Black,blue,splash silkies."

Any of them should be of help of you. Silkies are a very popular breed. In US they are only the small (Bantam size."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by