Hello from Spain!

Pompadour

In the Brooder
May 29, 2017
Spain
Hi,
I spent a lot of time reading your posts, and I can't wait more to join in forum!
My english isn't so good, but I'm learning it now. I hope we can understand us.
As I said at the beginning, I'm from the north of Spain, and I love chickens (Silkies are my favourite breed)! :drool
The biggest problem is that in my country, the Silkies aren't popular. Only a few persons have cuality silkies and colors like lemon, porcelain,white, blue, splash, chocolate, buff, mottled..., and It's so hard to find the colors and genetics!
Now new colors starts to come from France, Italy or Belgium (this countries have a lot of tradition perfectioning silkies).
I hope you can help me with genetics or another questions relationed with Silkies, because the spanish breeders are so good keeping their "silkie's secrets". :p

Welcome to the BYC flock! It's nice to meet you :)
If you would like, you can go over to the "general breed discussion and FAQ" part of the fourm. I didn't find any well established silkie threads, so you might have to start your own and call in some silkie keepers over :p

Have fun!

Welcome to the BYC flock! It's nice to meet you :)
If you would like, you can go over to the "general breed discussion and FAQ" part of the fourm. I didn't find any well established silkie threads, so you might have to start your own and call in some silkie keepers over :p

Have fun!

Thanks! I will do it. ;)

There are several dedicated silkie threads on BYC. The longest running, I believe is "Silkie thread," there is also "Nothing but Partridge Silkies," "Buff Silkies," "Paint silkies," and I believe "Black,blue,splash silkies."

Any of them should be of help of you. Silkies are a very popular breed. In US they are only the small (Bantam size."

Back
Top Bottom