Hello From Texas!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by just a clucking, May 5, 2011.

1. just a clucking

just a clucking Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    I have had chicken fever for a while now so i finally talked my hubby raising a few chickens.. growing up we had chickens, ducks and a few goats. I wanted to give my two children some of the same wonderful experiences i had as a child feeding the chicks and collecting the eggs etc.. we bought our chicks from a wonderful lady a few miles down the road from us. We went for about 4 to 6 baby chicks and came back with 10 chicks and two turkeys.. lol.. So far we have 2 frizzles, 2 polish crested, 3 ameraucanas, 3 barred rocks and 2 bronze turkeys.. i wanted to get a few silkies but i will have to wait a few weeks for some to hatch. As of now we have them in the brooder and they are all doing great. I am really rusty but hopefully all continues to go well for our feathery friends. My daughters already have them so spoiled. It is neat to see all their neat little personalities coming out more and more each day. [​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Good luck with your fuzzybutts!! They are so entertaining, and they develop so quickly!!

I hope you enjoy the site, and learn all that you can about your lovely little chickens!! Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

If you need anything, PM me, and I will try to help you out in anyway I can... It is good to have another chicken lover on the forum!

4. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] it sounds like you have a variety of birds [​IMG]

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] !

7. just a clucking

just a clucking Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome.. This site is AMAZING!! So much usefull info. I can already tell it is going to be addicting.. lol..

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. smarquis86

smarquis86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    [​IMG] From Yakima,WA

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Wonderful breeds ya'll chose [​IMG] Those Silkies really are hard to resist, aren't they? We have 6 & wouldn't mind having more [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by