hello from the carribean

pjcalvo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 8, 2012
i do not have a coop yet but i have lots of chickens that stop by to visit daily :) i'm working on a coop. i have 1 resident hen who just hatched 11 little chicks and she has made herself at home under our deck. i am dealing with wild/feral chickens. we have several hens with chicks, lots of noisy roosters and too many of what i call teenagers to count. we do feed them cracked corn and provide fresh clean water for them. i'm dealing right now with a little guy who has an injury to his leg. he seems to be content tonight in a nice box with fresh straw. thank you to those who have given me suggestions on what to do. i have raised poultry before but i must say there is a huge difference in the wild/feral chickens. my goal is to coop a few hens for eggs. i look forward to learning as much as possible - thank you

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!
yesss.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Scotland! Where abouts in the Caribbean are you? I'm thoroughly jealous as I stand looking at the snow on the ground here!

I am in the cayman islands - enjoy the snow and the cool weather, soon we'll be dealing with the extreme heat here.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom