Hello from us in England.

hello Robert and Olwen @Roestacey1 :frow Presumably there is a Welsh connection for Olwen, just across the water from Somerset?
hello Robert and Olwen @Roestacey1 :frow Presumably there is a Welsh connection for Olwen, just across the water from Somerset?
Yes, there is a good Welsh connection, born in Powys, worked in London where we met and now we are retired and living in South Somerset. Still a strong conection.

Hi FlappyFeathers, Thank you for your reply, very informative and helpful. We like the way you describe your garden as "Landscaped by the Chickens" Ours seem to have the idea that they are entitled to get in and destroy whatever they want. Bless them. Have a nice day
:lau Oh yes, they are expert garden annihilators!

I ended up moving my coop (recently built a new bigger one) to the side of my house where they could have a more contained area. My entire yard was already fenced so all I had to do was build a gate for that section. Maybe you have an area of your yard like that? They also have access to a compost pile and occasionally I'll toss some straw for them to scratch through, both are quite entertaining for them. My girls still get let into the grassy backyard, just not ALL DAY... a couple hours is plenty for them to enjoy new hunting grounds. Limiting their time in the garden also keeps that area fresher and more exciting for the times they do get let over there! Once my plants die down for the winter, they can have the full yard as usual.

Now, if only I could figure out how to stop them from pooping on my back doorstep!

chicken-gate.jpg
My awesome gate to their new area

Back
Top Bottom