Hello from Virginia!

Ricky Rooster

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 4, 2012
Chesapeake, VA
I'm relatively new to raising chickens, my house came complete with a great coop and two runs. We got 2 RIR, 2 Americaunas and 2 Buff Orphingtons (two roosters in the bunch!) We're looking forward to learning more about getting away from store bought food, fortunately we have a huge garden and lots of extras for the girls and guys! I've been reading through a lot of the posts and getting some great ideas. Looking forward to learning more our new additions!

Hi and :welcome

Glad to have you here :frow
That sounds pretty similar to how we ended up getting our chickens. Big garden, house came with a coop. :lol: Ours was in a pretty ratty condition though.

Anyway, I hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D
Good luck with your chickens!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Ricky Rooster, I've had chicken for pets for almost 5 years now. The beginning of this summer I had 2 old laying hens. Gave the eggs to people at my church.
But from gifts this summer my flock is now: 2 old RIR, 6 mixed RIR, 6 Black Jersey Giants ( 2 or Rooster) and 1 silver laced Wyandotte-columbian mixed rooster. My location is Harrellsville, NC. That is why I'm sending you an email. I have friends in Chesapeake. Jessica's barn

Back
Top Bottom