Hello from Wisconsin!

Kabouter

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am living in southeastern Wisconsin and have been keeping a small flock of laying hens for about 5 years. We sometimes let our flock out to free range, and sometimes leave them in their run, depending on predator pressure.

This year we are expanding a bit and are going to start growing meat birds. We are starting with 30 muscovy ducks.

I have been lurking here for years, but figured I would like to get some opinions on the meat bird stuff so I signed up. I will start a thread detailing my builds (new layer coop and run this year, and a new hoop coop for the meat birds) and ask for some advice on growing meat ducks.

Cheers,
Justin

Spook knows a bit of useless trivia.

Such as a Kabouter means gnome, leperchan. Always wanted
to catch me one of those. So we have to ask Justin if he has
that pot of gold?

Good luck on that meat thing, and just don't tell the ducks what
you have in mind.

But welcome for sure.

(And remember, little feller, if you're really a leperchan by chance,
I'm your buddy.)

Spook.

welcome-byc.gif
Xx

G’Day from down under Justin
frow.gif
Welcome!

I see you have found the Meat Bird Forum and Ken has given you a link to finding your State thread, so as I know nothing about raising meat birds, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom