Hello! Happy to be here

Mandadz

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Fairly new to chickens. We just bought a house that came with a few chickens. We are currently growing out flock. We have had the full grown chickens since November. We have a ton of babies we have both bought and hatched from eggs.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 1 Road Island Red rooster full grown. 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs. 3 Buff Laced Polish. 2 Cinnamon Queens, 2 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 2 Isa Brown, 3 black Silkies, and a handful of a backyard mix we hatched from eggs. So right now 20 chickens.
(3) What breeds do you have?
See above
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Fresh eggs are always a plus ;) but they are actually really friendly and I love being around them. My kids enjoy them not only as a source of eggs, but as pets.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am an accountant for a tech company out of Chicago. We just moved to a rural town from downtown Chicago and it has been a breath of fresh air. We have 4 children. A short haired pointer pup. A Sphynx cat and a ferret.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
googling questions about Chickens

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Fairly new to chickens. We just bought a house that came with a few chickens. We are currently growing out flock. We have had the full grown chickens since November. We have a ton of babies we have both bought and hatched from eggs.

We have 1 Road Island Red rooster full grown. 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs. 3 Buff Laced Polish. 2 Cinnamon Queens, 2 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 2 Isa Brown, 3 black Silkies, and a handful of a backyard mix we hatched from eggs. So right now 20 chickens.
See above
Fresh eggs are always a plus ;) but they are actually really friendly and I love being around them. My kids enjoy them not only as a source of eggs, but as pets.
Gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am an accountant for a tech company out of Chicago. We just moved to a rural town from downtown Chicago and it has been a breath of fresh air. We have 4 children. A short haired pointer pup. A Sphynx cat and a ferret.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
It's lucky to buy a house that has existing chickens

See above
Gardening

Welcome! I am also fairly new! We have had our chickens for a yr now.
I wish I would have known sooner about chickens and what joy they bring to your life. I sit and just watch them at times and you can really see their personalities shine.
We have 1 roo and 5 hens all believed to be sapphire gems.
Additionally we have 9 chicks
2 welsummer
2 sex link
5 buff rock
We have now been on the search for some cream legbar chicks.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

8897F45F-C556-48D4-A9DB-0304D3D47B5E.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom