Hello, I’m new here.

3hensandthen

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2021
Hello, my name is Nina and I live in Tasmania, Australia

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I had chickens growing up, but they were my parents’ problem at that point! I got three pullets in February, when they were ten weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have three pullets that will be a year old in around December. I am also raising some chicks inside in a brooder.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Australorps and Light Sussex.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Fresh eggs, scrap disposal and chicken companionship.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like to garden and sew and I also have two quite young children, which keeps me busy.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my husband and two young kids. We have a 14-year-old indoor cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found out about BYC through good old Google. I found the forums very useful, reading the questions and answers others had posted and thought to join in.

Congratulations, Nina, on getting your own chickens. Many of us grow up as second-generation poultry people.

Hope you find this community as helpful and welcoming as I have. It's a great bunch of folks who are always willing to share their knowledge and support.

Welcome to BYC!
Thank you! I do feel like a total novice. I’m hoping I can seek some help here, and one day maybe even be able to provide some too…

Back
Top Bottom