Hello I'm New How Do You Care For Ducks?

Yes there is a roof on the coop part. Currently the run has no roof just chicken wire and a tarp. I plan on adding a tin roof to halve of the run.
Instead of making it tin, do you think you could buy the plastic see through one? Then it'll always be bright. With tin, the light gets blocked out. Do you want to to attach a picture of what I mean?

Waterer will be in the run. Pool is for when they free range. They probaly won't use the nesting box (it was put on there for a hen named Lucky whose flock of 20 was killed by a dog. So we had to build her a coop that way the chicks could live in the big coop until they got big enough to put Lucky back in)

Waterer will be in the run. Pool is for when they free range. They probaly won't use the nesting box (it was put on there for a hen named Lucky whose flock of 20 was killed by a dog. So we had to build her a coop that way the chicks could live in the big coop until they got big enough to put Lucky back in)
Yeah, the pool outside is better. Otherwise everything will get messy. Also I'm so sorry for your losses :( 😢 That's horrible. And it got to 20?!?! That's a lot. :(

Yeah, the pool outside is better. Otherwise everything will get messy. Also I'm so sorry for your losses :( 😢 That's horrible. And it got to 20?!?! That's a lot. :(
Yep 20 hens dead... The new hens I got are now about 2 years old. I just gave them away last week. They were good hens but, I had to have there coop for my silkies and marans. They went to a good home. The Duck coop I am working on wouldn't be enough room for them.

Back
Top Bottom