Hello I'm New How Do You Care For Ducks?

I'll get khaki campbells. I would like them to live with the chickens but, I think it will be better for them to live in their own pen. Will a off ground coop be okay? The run will be on the ground.
Khaki Campbells are a wonderful choice! That's alright if you want them to live separately, too. And yeas, an off ground coop is alright. Mine is off ground too. Just make sure they know how to use the ramp, though. Mine don't really use the coop, they just sleep on the floor lol. They'll lay eggs in it and go in if it's cold. Also, ducks tend to hide their eggs, so beware of that! My brother had stepped of an egg once. My ducks just lay anywhere lol. But other than that, you're good! When you get them, can you post pictures of them and tag me in the post so I can see? Thanks!

2021_05_08_0lr_Kleki.png

This is kinda what the coop will look like. I'll get exact measurements later.

Perfect! Just make sure the water is near a corner, though. Other than that, you're good! Also, what type of roof is it? Wait, is there even gonna be a roof? If so, what's it gonna be made of?
Yes there is a roof on the coop part. Currently the run has no roof just chicken wire and a tarp. I plan on adding a tin roof to halve of the run.

Back
Top Bottom