Hello! My name is Elizabeth!

Mar 8, 2018
Hello everyone! My name is Elizabeth and I am going to be a first time chicken owner. We are going to a poultry fair next month in search of some beautiful Silkie chicks. Until then I am just trying to get plugged in and learn as much as I can to help my flock thrive! Any new chick advice is welcome. My family and I live in the gorgeous state of Oregon with our two cats, dog, little monkey of a girl, a flock of wild turkeys, and some deer. We love to travel, garden, snuggle our various animals, and play board games. Nice to meet you all!

Hello, Elizabetha and :welcome we are so glad to have you join our flock! :yesss:

I really hope that you enjoy your new fluffbutts! :jumpy

For advice: make sure that your chicks have 24/7 access to fresh water and chick feed. They need a heat source, preferably a Mother Heating Pad instead of a Heat Lamp.

G’Day from down under Elizabeth :frow Welcome!

BYC has an active Silkie Thread that you might like to join.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. The below may be of particular interest to you:
Topic/Question of the week - Brooding and supplementing heat for chicks
Topic of the Week - Raising Chicks
Topic of the Week - Keeping the Flock Safe from Predators
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Best wishes and good luck!

My greetings to the beginner from the beginner! My name is Ola and I live in Australia. Now I have only two chooks but I dream of having more. My chickens like dogs everywhere accompany me, respond to names, I love them very much. I read a lot of information about the chickens but I still feel this is not enough and when I found this site on the Internet I was just happy. There is a lot of useful information, we can also ask any question here. In a word, we are in the right place!
Best regards
Ola

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

Back
Top Bottom