Hello, my name is Jim and I am a hatchaholic!

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas

Well almost. I am working on a soda pop box that when finished will hatch 600+ eggs. Meanwhile we will continue to use the Genesis by Hovabator.

47716_coke_incubator_1.jpg

A new thread in Random Ramblings: Hello, my name is Jim and I am a hatchaholic!

This will be a 12 step program for those suffering from the incurable condition of H-A-T-C-A-H-O-L-I-C-I-S-M-!

Now your turn.......

Last edited:
I have two sportman incubators packed full, however I have shut down one of my strofoam incubators and will soon shut down the other one. I have four other strofoam bators that I didn't even break out this year. I am not sure if that means I am improving or not since I have not tried to sell the unused ones. I certainly continue to check out the swaps and the buy/sell areas.

Nice future bator, Jim. You going to start shipping chicks or just getting a bigger place?

Hi jim, my name is muddyhorse and I'm a hatch aholic. I have a dickey that holds 300. yesterday I drug home a sears super hatcher it holds 600 eggs
wee.gif

it is solid redwood it is a little heavy

Hi Jim & Muddyhorse.
Sorry but I am still in that little river in Egypt........

I have a huge scientific that holds 6 turners at least. that is almost 250 eggs. I still have room!!
If I just use egg cartons to incubate, I think we figured it up and it was 400-500 eggs
wink.png

Oh and two stryo incubators.

woot.gif

I'm planning a SMALL cooler size incubator because I have seen what chicken math does. IT's a contagious disease! Trying to keep it under control with a small incubator.
wee.gif

Quote:
woot.gif

I'm planning a SMALL cooler size incubator because I have seen what chicken math does. IT's a contagious disease! Trying to keep it under control with a small incubator.
wee.gif

lau.gif
"under control"
gig.gif

Quote:
woot.gif

wee.gif

Good luck with your plan.
lau.gif
gig.gif
I originally planned to have only one or two small incubators for hatching my own eggs. Now whenever I receive more eggs in the mail than will fit in one of my incubators, I casually run a quick errand and purchase an 'emergency backup' incubator--and I'm terrible at trying to remember to turn eggs manually so I also need the egg turner--and a computer fan, just in case. I'm now up to 4 'emergency backup' incubators in addition to my initial online purchases, a Brower Top Hatch and Genesis 1588. And all of them are full and have been for months. Now my husband is either going to build me a custom cabinet incubator or buy me one. I hope one big cabinet incubator will be big enough
hmm.png

Hello, My name is Kim...and I'm a hatch-a -holic. I have a homemade incubator. I will be curious to see how yours is set up. I am using a waterbed heater as a heat source. It holds temp and humidity pretty well. I brood them for a few days in there and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom