Hello my name is nate and im a hatchaholic..

DMSrabbit

Songster
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
Portland, OR
So.. I started with one incubator, a small on that housed 2 chicken eggs. Then i got a hovabator.. Then an Egg Turner.. Then ANOTHER hovabator with an Egg Turner.. Then ANOTHER hovabator with an Egg Turner.. Then 3 Circulating fans... Then 2 Genesis Hovabators... Now i have 5 Incubators, 3 brooders, 3 grow out pens, and im getting ready to sell ALL of my incubators and get a cabinet incubator!!
wee.gif

So yeah last night i picked up me order of new eggs.. Can you say Happy Chinese New Year Anyone?
lol.png

DSCN2369.JPG

Any other hatchaholics please stand up!!

LOL!! You are among friends here.. We are all hatchaholics!!
smile.png
btw.. I thought my girls stopped laying a few days ago but from the looks of your eggs, you've been to my house and stealing them from me!! LOL... I get the same rainbow, except for the dark brown eggs you have...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

You are in very good company. We're all enablers here. Wait.... Is that good or BAD company?!?!?

Anyway, nice to meetcha!

I have 3 sets of eggs on the way, now, for Chinese New Year! And 7 incubators... Uh... Five are empty, awaiting those eggs.

Last edited:
My name is Shelly.. and I too am a hatchaholic
I have two sets of chicks in the brooder - 6 days apart

Currently I have eggs in the incubator.. I did resist the urge to buy another incubator ..well kinda.. I justified the purchase from a fellow BYCer to use as a "hatcher" since I had a challenge with the mixed hatch dates.. now I can just candle them on day 18..and then put them in the "hatcher" for lockdown. We won't talk about the double stacks in the turner at the moment.. I blame.. well I blame.. I blame..hummm THOSE auction people for tempting me so!!!

Hatching on the 16 - Buff Orpingtons, RIR. Lavendar Orpingtons, and Barred Rocks

Hatching on the 20th - BLRW

Hatching on the 27th - Barnevelders, Lavendar orpingtons, Red and Buff Sussex

Already have some "deals" made for eggs coming soon.

Just looked throug craigs list to find a playpen (found a good local buy for $15) that I am going to convert into a larger "baby chick pen" for the first 17.. that will leave room in the smaller brooders for the new babies..and NO.. they are not out in the cold yet..Georgia has an icy winter storm at the moment
tongue2.gif
- We will have several "moving" days once the temperatures are a bit warmer and chicks are fully feathers.. until then, I love reading BYC with the sound of cheepers close by.

Shelly

Glad to know so many enablers are on here.. I dont think my sponsor-er (my gf) is gonna take to kindly too it though!!
wink.png
wink.png

Great to hear from everyone, and im glad to know everyones filling up their bators preparing for spring!!
wee.gif

Everyone else out there join the craze!

No 12 step program will cure any of us
lau.gif
. I am going next week and getting 3 dozen Black Australorp eggs. Let the season begin bwahaha (evil laugh)

ETA: Good thing I have 2 bators
cool.png

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Victoria...but I'm not a hatchaholic! I am on my first batch and although I have the hardest time not candling...and days haven't passed this slowly since the last month of my pregnancy...I am still not a hatchaholic. I can stop at any time. I will not buy more eggs after this. I swear, I'm doing it just this one time. Then I'll stop.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom