Hello there! I am new!

GibblyGiblets

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
Hello there Lads and Lasses!, my name is Devin, I am 25 years old, male, and Hail from the wonderful land of Ire, also known as Ireland, born and raised, currently living in the U.S.A.

I, along with my two children, ages 5 and 3, live on a 25 acre farm, which we share with 5 dogs (two rottweilers named Shasha and Brant,a pittbull terrier named Frank, and 2 mutts of various breeding named Willy and Cabby), 18 mixed breed sheep (1 ram named Mr. Mister, 6 ewes named Lilly,Stinky,Bertha,Margaret,Wooly,and Mrs. Baaah) all named by my children and three sets of twins, a set of triplets and two single lambs from this spring. 8 mixed breed chickens (1 rooster named "Crow", 7 hens named sally, clucker,Bennet,lucy,sissy,moo,and Flap.

and last but not least 25 cats, (two neutered tomcats whom are inside, and named Wilson and Budda), two outdoor tomcats named Slim and Patches, 8 females named Popcorn,Sailor,Bindi,Myka,Ginger,Momma,Wren, and Fawn, and, and the rest are a whole mess of this summers kittens 13 total out of popcorn,Momma,Fawn, and Bindi), Myka,Ginger,and Wren all had kittens earlier in the spring which have all been re-homed.

and a tennesee walker mix gelding horse named Flojo

well, that is is

good day!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
no actually, the cats do not bother the chickens at all, the dog Cabby however, has reduced our flock from 20 to 8 in less than 3 months.

cannot blame her, as she and her brother Willy are new here, having only had them since March of this year, I thought for a long while that some other creature was showing up and killing our clucks, until I found Cabby in the act one day, from then on, she is tied when out doors, Pittbull Frank is surprisingly the chickens keeper, he loves them as he is our first dog, going on 12 years old, he was raised from pup with chickens so he knows not to eat them, Shasha and Brant both eye them, but do not act on it.

thank you for the welcomes

Quote:
yes, hah hah! it does get quite challenging at times, ever since the childrens mother decided to be a less than perfect spouse due to her..."need" to have multiple sexual encounters, she has decided that since I told her to remove herself from my home, that her children are not important, and running around being a hussy, is.

I have had to quit my full-time well paying occupation to stay home and work from here, Vence the the 5 year old helps me out alot, he goes out with me and feeds the dogs each morning, and goes out to the barn and lays down food for the cats, Raven the 3 year old goes with me to feed the horse and sheep and goes into the chicken coop to collect eggs. my little helpers, and they love it! I do as well.

Edited to add: that we make enough money selling peeps and lambs each spring and summer, next year Vence wants to start raising hogs, the silly lad, I told him I would think about it, depends upon our finances at that time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom