Hello!

lawhitmire

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2017
North Texas
My husband and I have dabbled with a few chickens for a couple of years. I recently acquired a few more from a friend and now have 17 chickens. That is quite a change from 4-6 chickens. I am somewhat overwhelmed and feel like I need to learn more about chickens and get to know others that can help me with that!

I have Australorps, New Hampshires, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpington, plus a few others.

I love being outside with my girls; they follow me around and help me with my flowerbeds :).

My husband and I both enjoy outdoor activities: hiking, four wheeling, mowing, fishing, etc. I am an animal lover. I have dogs, canaries, chickens and I'm thinking about who will be added to our family: goats, bees, cows ???? Just now sure.

I have used backyardchickens.com several times to get answers/ideas in raising our chickens. Looking forward to learning quite a bit more.

Hello from Kansas lawhitmire, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Happy BYC has been useful to you over the years. Best wishes to you and your expanding flock!
woot.gif

What a friend you have. Shall we help you plot some revenge?

17 is a nice calm number. No problem.

But they aren't much on hiking, four wheeling. They will be
more than happy to help with the mowing and the fishing.

Remember above all, just stay calm and curse the friend
that did this to you.

Spook

G’Day from down under lawhitmire
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom