Hello

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Pullets (and hens) will lay with less than the 'optimal' hours of daylight.
Congratulations on your first egg! It's always exciting to get eggs from new layers.
Thank you so much! I am so excited. I feel like a Grandma. did anyone have trouble eating that first egg? Her name is Helen and his is KEVIN. They are very heavy, but I am feeding twice a day in small amounts.

True. I realize your question has been answered. I have some pullets that started to lay and were laying good, then stop abruptly not an eggs for a few weeks. I searched for places they could be putting eggs but found nothing. Recently they started laying pretty good again. We had some warm then cold then warm again and now more cold weather coming. We are going to have temperatures around freezing. Last week we had days in the low 80's no wonder the birds are all mixed up. Now we will see what happens with the next cold snap. I realize they are working out the kinks still. I hope they figure it out pretty soon. When spring gets here I'll have so many eggs, almost too many.
I think it has more to do with hours of daylight than temperature. They might just continue laying now.

Back
Top Bottom