Hello =)

TattooedMama

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2014
California
My name is Amanda and I am a new member, though I have used this site as a reference for a while whilst deciding which breed of chicken I wanted. I have just started my little flock of Orpington babies 2 weeks ago with 6 8 week old birds and they are now 10 weeks. I have chocolate, lavender and blue birds. I owned silkies about 10 years ago in high school as an Ag project for school. I am very excited about my new birds and in the process of building them a spectacular chicken coop (at least I hope it will look spectacular when I am done!!). I look forward to learning from everyone here, and of course getting opinions on the sex of my babies. I am beginning to fear I have more than one rooster!!

Alright Amanda,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Oh, you are going to love your orp babies! They are so docile, friendly and great layers as well. Very hardy in health. If you have a bird in question and want to know the gender, you can post a pic in our What Gender section here on BYC for some good ID...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

We are so glad you could join! Make yourself at home and welcome to our flock!

Thanks!! I am way ahead of you; I just posted some pictures of my babies over there for some gender questions. I am getting nervous I have more roosters than I should and could use some reassurance!

Thanks!! I am way ahead of you; I just posted some pictures of my babies over there for some gender questions. I am getting nervous I have more roosters than I should and could use some reassurance!
I think they are all pullets. My Orp pullets looked like these at this age. Don't hold me to it, LOL, but I think they are all pullets. :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've picked some pretty colors of Orpingtons, good luck with them, hope they all turn out to be pullets for you.

Uh oh, I was really hoping my chocolate was a rooster! He was sold to me as a roo, but he has the smallest comb and wattles so that has had me questioning him. Thanks for looking! The chocolate is definitely my favorite; I'm in love with the color and his/her personality.

Thank you! I saw a picture of the Lavender Orps and knew I had to have one. When I went to meet the breeder, she also had the chocolates and blues so it made for a fun colored flock.

Back
Top Bottom