Hello

Hollandfound

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Hello all,

Sometime last spring I bought 6 day old or week old chicks. Everyone has been enjoying them since. Now thanks to the coop building articles, we have an awesome run and are almost thru with one big Coop. For that I thank everyone who posted. We have all been entertained reading and looking at everyone's chickens. You are all too funny and obviously love your chicks a lot.

However I can no longer sit back and read. Now I have to join and post. Are you wondering, Why? Come on! It's going to be one of the age old questions for me, is it a Hen or a Roo? And I have pics to share. I'd love to have an answer to the next question and yes I been trying to figure out the answer to....when will I get my first egg? Ugh! I have one hen, I hope she's a hen; who according to what I've read will lay an egg any second. In fact she might have laid one this morning, I'll have to check after I finish this and post in is it a Roo or a Hen?

Anyways glad to finally meet you all officially that is.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a fun intro! Is she squatting yet? That is a sure sign along with the bright red comb, face and wattles. Waiting for that first egg can nearly kill you! But I sure do hope she is a she!! Can you post a pic? We can confirm it right now for you. :)

Good luck and keep us posted on if you get an egg or a crow!

Thank you I'm trying to post in the what breed/gender is it? Having some trouble and currently fighting to win.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Good luck with posting in the breed/gender thread! When you are able to, I'll be glad to help sex your chicken.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
smile.png

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Definitely post photos in the What Breed or Gender section (or in this thread). I'll be happy to help you out!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Hope you get your egg soon and the hen/roo is what you're hoping it is!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. X3 on Wyandottes7 about posting your pics here on this thread as well as in our What Breed or Gender is This? section. Several of us here in the New Member section also frequent the What Breed or Gender is This? section as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in having a hen.

Back
Top Bottom