HELLPPP!

If you have a large kennel cab you can put her in it with food and water for the day. Maybe in the garage,it will give her a break from whoever is bothering her and keep her safe. You can put antibiotic ointment without pain relief in it on her wounds.

This is the only ointment we have at the house. Doesn’t say anything about pain relief but I just wanted to ask before using it!

Attachments

• 36CC858C-5B10-41DE-8239-6D53E2F2D647.jpeg
    36CC858C-5B10-41DE-8239-6D53E2F2D647.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 3
I'd get your rouen another duck friend, my mallard rathered to be with the chickens than my muscoves. I eventually got my mallard 2 pekin friends and now she is the boss of all the ducks, even the muscovies don't boss her around anymore.

She’s a duck though, right? So wounds aren’t from a rooster.
There are lots of hawk deterrents out there, netting over the run, strings of fishing line, even those hawk-kite things that I see all over town now.
I find it odd though that she has marks on both sides like that ; you mentioned some rebuilding is going on, could there be a hole she’s squeezing through or something like that?

I just assumed he meant rooster as in a male duck knowing I was talking about ducks. They are muscovies so my male has some pretty sharp and long talons.

Our net for our new enclosure will be here today, and once we get it up and a door on it, they will be able to come out of their coops during the day but hopefully be safe from flying predators.

No holes she’s squeeze through in the coop. She did have blood on her on Friday but my husband said it wasn’t as bad. By the time I got home Friday I couldn’t even tell anything had happened. She cleaned herself all up. But the photos above are after her cleaning herself and she was still kind bloody and we could see the wound. She doesn’t allow us to move her feathers so we couldn’t get a closer look without her flying away.

I'd get your rouen another duck friend, my mallard rathered to be with the chickens than my muscoves. I eventually got my mallard 2 pekin friends and now she is the boss of all the ducks, even the muscovies don't boss her around anymore.

She’ll have two more duck friends when the Welsh Harliquins move outside, even though she’s not a huge fan of them. I would like to get more Rouens next year, but we couldn’t do anything about the timing of her sister being taken. It was very sad for her and us. How big is your mallard? And is it a female? I’m curious if my Rouen is actually a mallard. She flys a lot and we don’t know if it’s because she’s grown up watching the muscovies fly so she’s just learned from them or if she’s a Rouen who can fly, or if maybe she’s a mallard? She’s super tiny, my 8 week WH are bigger than her at 15 weeks.

D0893243-30E8-4ACD-BFF5-276A932C4666.png
8D37770C-08BC-4590-A863-6968F8D0E27E.png
View attachment 1962553 This is my mallard, she's a tiny lil' thing.

This isn’t my most recent picture, but I don’t have any clear super recent pictures of her. But she’s still about this size maybe a tiny bit bigger. I read something about one strip on the eye. And I went back to their duckling pictures and they had one definite strip but a faint second one maybe... I just want to know if she’s a Rouen or a Mallard.

Pretty little thing. I have a question. My son wants to get ducks. When they get older do they fly away? Or do you keep them penned all the time ?
I bond with my mallard, she was 4 months when I got her and she still loves us. I clip their wings so they don't follow other ducks when they migrate in the winter. She has never tried to fly but it is a possibility she could.

Back
Top Bottom