HELP! 1/2 of my hens have lumps on their breasts!!

I appreciate the laughs, but I knew it was not just because they were full. These hens are 4 years old and I've raised them since they were 1 day old. I'm not new to the chicken area.
smile.png
I am new to having something wrong with them though. I've never had any illnesses, diseases, or emergencies before (PTL)... I've only lost some to predators.

Now, its morning, and the lumps are still there. The lumps are on their lower breast, looks below their crop. Or maybe their crop is infected and 2-3 times larger than normal or maybe they are impacted? I don't know how to check for that.

Any other ideas?

Do a search on this site for
impacted crop

or
sour crop

, there's lots of info out there and some very good threads about it here on this site. Very detailed, at home instructions to try to treat either of these problems. Good luck with it and I hope you'll keep us posted. I'd like to know how they come out.​

Quote:
or
sour crop

, there's lots of info out there and some very good threads about it here on this site. Very detailed, at home instructions to try to treat either of these problems. Good luck with it and I hope you'll keep us posted. I'd like to know how they come out.​

x2

Back
Top Bottom