Help-10 month old Pullet has squishy swollen breast and red bottom

hennypenny806

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Hello,

Our hen has a squishy swollen breast and very red bottom (looks like feather picking but not sure). She is also fairly bare near her tail. She has been drinking a ton of water all morning and is behaving like a normal hen, with her flock, eating and scratching around. Please see below for photos. Any suggestions are appreciated!

How is your hen doing? I think she is doing it,Get the powder at tcs for mites a put some on her body up and down and also buy the one in spray bottle and put on tail (open tail like a fan) and wings (also extend wings). Read instructions on label.

She looks much worse than these photos but acts fine. I took her to the vet and he said she has egg peritonitis. At this point, I have to think he's wrong and it's been weeks and weeks and she's ok (aside from looking awful). I think we are finally going to separate her for a while because I think the others are picking at her. I also think she has sour crop-her Breast is still soft and watery. Her demeanor is great. Takes a dust bath, eats, drinks,.....not sure what else to do.

She looks much worse than these photos but acts fine. I took her to the vet and he said she has egg peritonitis. At this point, I have to think he's wrong and it's been weeks and weeks and she's ok (aside from looking awful). I think we are finally going to separate her for a while because I think the others are picking at her. I also think she has sour crop-her Breast is still soft and watery. Her demeanor is great. Takes a dust bath, eats, drinks,.....not sure what else to do.
well then give her a bath with dog thick and flea shampoo and separate her from the rest of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom