Help 2week old chic

C0untrymama

Hatching
Mar 12, 2016
I'm a first time chick mama and my two week old chic has eye problems I got the ointment and woke up today and she was needing badly! Her eye looks like it will pop any second!

Has it's eye always been popped out like that, or do you think it was pecked or injured? Does it have any sneezing or nasal discharge? Can you get the eye open to apply the ointment? Saline and a warm compress on the eye will get it open if it sticks. Some chicks can be born with an eye deformity, but it would have been that way from the beginning.

Has it's eye always been popped out like that, or do you think it was pecked or injured? Does it have any sneezing or nasal discharge? Can you get the eye open to apply the ointment? Saline and a warm compress on the eye will get it open if it sticks. Some chicks can be born with an eye deformity, but it would have been that way from the beginning.

I didn't notice it till I got home with it that it's eye was bad like that he woke up bleeding badly this morning bc I assume it was scratching it badly after applying ointment I can open the eye and it is opening it now by itself from time to time it eats and drinks normal as well as using the bathroom normal

Back
Top Bottom