HELP 3 day old chick won’t eat or drink!!

Pics

emmabrown906

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
My white Silkie hatched on Saturday 11th August at 3pm (3days ago) it isn’t coming out from under the heater. It won’t eat or drink, I’ve tried dipping it’s beak into the water etc and it’s just not interested in it.

I’ve only separated them yesterday because the other ones are a few days older and can pick on it. The others are buff Orpington’s and are eating and drinking. They all went into the incubator at same time but the silkie hatched a few days after them. I bought the eggs from a reputable place called Durham hens. It’s eyes are open and it chirps abit. It kind of waddles if I move it from under the heater to get back under it

I’ve only separated them yesterday because the other ones are a few days older and can pick on it. The others are buff Orpington’s and are eating and drinking. They all went into the incubator at same time but the silkie hatched a few days after them. I bought the eggs from a reputable place called Durham hens. It’s eyes are open and it chirps abit. It kind of waddles if I move it from under the heater to get back under it
It might just be a failure to thrive chick. Don't be too upset if it doesn't make it.
You can try putting a drop of molasses on your finger, holding it right on the tip of his bill, and let him drink it off. That will give him a good little boost.

Back
Top Bottom