Jan 5, 2023
Hey I need quick answers please, doesnt matter if its a sentence or bullet points, etc. My ameracauana had, had a change of attitude since monday but I thought it was just going at a slower pace since i had started letting them free range, and thought it was looking for bugs. Well today I come home at 7 pm and go outside to see my one poor ameracuana in the corner all puffed up (temp is 60 farenheit (They have gone to 30 farenheit before, NO PROBLEM)) I didnt think it was cold but I brought them in and put them under a heat lamp and 75 farenheit (it has a metal temp outlet thing that auto turns on and off at certain temps when reached) it had been chilling there and moves a little then just lays down and is loose. They aren't dead (yet, im really losing hope as this reminds me of my sultan), they are laying on their side, eyes closed, puffed, and not really moving much (mainly moves neck and legs), also they DONT have mites or gnats (none that I can see at least, or not many). I think they may have coccidiosis, I dont have the corrid thing or the medication. What can I do to atleast slow it down and try helping them??? Or any other meds??? I tried sugar water but it didnt do Jack s***. I really dont like seeing them suffer.

How old are they? I would get them out from under the heat lamp asap. Fix up some electrolite water or gatorade for them. Dip their beaks in it if they won't drink.

How old are they? I would get them out from under the heat lamp asap. Fix up some electrolite water or gatorade for them. Dip their beaks in it if they won't drink.
Yes I got them out they were only under for 5 ish minutes, they are 3 months old (born novemeber), I had dipped them sugar water. Right now they are in my lap and doing the leg stretch and leg twist (I think they are dying :(

Back
Top Bottom