They all came from TSC. I just found another thread where someone else got a mix of Wyandotte’s and EE’s just like I did and they said they died in similar ways. It’s just so strange!
Can you go buy a thermometer and put it under your heat lamp and tell us what the temperature is under it?
Can you also take a picture of your brooder and upload it?

The way Corid works is by starving the cocidia of thiamine. When you give the vitamins, you allow the Coccidia to still get their Thiamine. You are supposed to just give the Corid, then after you are done with Corid, you can do vitamins and electrolytes. I think that's what did it.

Did you lose them all? I feel so bad for you.... I'm so sorry. :(
Currently have 1 left that’s in rough shape but responding, and 2 that look like they may be on their way out unfortunately.

I just found another post where someone bought Wyandotte’s and EE’s like I did and theirs are dying the same way. I wonder if it could’ve been a bad batch from the hatchery?

I just don’t understand why I would have these birds for 2 - 2 1/2 weeks and be completely fine and now they die quickly?

Can you go buy a thermometer and put it under your heat lamp and tell us what the temperature is under it?
Can you also take a picture of your brooder and upload it?
I do not have a thermometer, but do plan on buying one for the next birds I have. Here is a picture though.
I have it set so it points to one corner and the other side is without heat. The one bird I have left is directly underneath it, but has plenty of space to try and get away from it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 11
I just found another post where someone bought Wyandotte’s and EE’s like I did and theirs are dying the same way. I wonder if it could’ve been a bad batch from the hatchery?
Were they from the same farm store or the same hatchery tho?

but has plenty of space to try and get away from it
Still good to know the temps at each end of brooder.

Was your brooder lamp bulb made specifically for poultry?

Were they from the same farm store or the same hatchery tho?

Still good to know the temps at each end of brooder.

Was your brooder lamp bulb made specifically for poultry?
Unsure if they were from the same store, but believe they were from the same hatchery - Hoover’s. And it was a brooder bulb bought from TSC next to the chicks so I would assume it was for poultry

I don't have anything to offer as far as advice both just wanted to say I'm so sorry about all your poor chickies! This is so terrible. Based on your posts, It looks like you were taking very good care of them. :hugs

I don't have anything to offer as far as advice both just wanted to say I'm so sorry about all your poor chickies! This is so terrible. Based on your posts, It looks like you were taking very good care of them. :hugs
Thank you, I needed to hear that. I just never remember having such a hard time raising chickens before

Back
Top Bottom