Help a Frazzle

I have just been given a little hen that I am pretty sure is a frazzle. She is a bantam, and small, even so. She is missing a lot of feathers, and most of the ones she has are just shaft until near the end. Her skin is bright red all over, and she has a deformed toe, though it does not seem to bother her.

She lives, now, inside, because other chickens terrify her. Also, she is cold all the time! Her sinuses seem constantly congested, and so far, antibiotics have done nothing to resolve the issue. Also, no matter what I fedf her, her eggs have only the membrane, no shell.

Despite all of this, she is a friendly, chatty little girl! She eats well, but I wish she drank more water get get skin always seems dry, and it is unpleasantly prickly, like the stem of a pumpkin. My experience with frazzles is only with this one. She will be loved and safe here, but I wish I knew which of these traits were due to her genes, and which require treatment. Any input will be welcomed!!!
Pictures? :pop

I had a frazzle once who also started losing feathers. He grew most of his feathers back after being treated for feather mites.

Back
Top Bottom